The All Abilities Playground, Kurrawa Park, Broadbeach
Gold Coast City Council and Disability Services Queensland joined forces to create the Gold Coast's first 'All Abilities Playground' at Kurrawa Pratten Park, Broadbeach. The park has proved extremely popular, providing an innovative, unique and entertaining play space for kids of all ages!
The playground incorporates sensory, motor, imaginative and educational aspects of play and was designed to enable children with disabilities to play outdoors and side by side with their friends and siblings. Click here for more information.
The “Liberty Swing” is designed to provide enjoyment for children with disabilities and special needs. This equipment is donated by the Variety Club, and is available for use by special groups and individuals with their carers.
Access will only be gained by application to the Gold Coast City Council for a Liberty Swing Key. The key will unlock the gate, swing and toilet facilities in the park.
The Liberty Swing is a fantastic piece of playground equipment and thus due care of the equipment and respect for the safety of users must be considered at all times. After use, the gate must be locked upon leaving.
The key can be collected from the Gold Coast City Council offices at 135 Bundall Road, Surfers Paradise between 8am to 4pm.
Liberty Swings are located in the following parks:
Cascade Gardens, Gold Coast Highway
Norm Rix Park, Government Road
Mudgeeraba Rotary Park, Railway Street
Laguna Park, Laguna Avenue
Runaway Bay Sports Complex, Lae Drive
Broadwater Parklands, Gold Coast Highway
Best Accessible Toilets
- Pratten Park (Hoist Toilet) - exceeds building codes of Australia and DDA compliancy requirements
- John Laws, Burleigh Heads - (fully DDA compliant)
- Tallebudgera Creek Park, Tallebudgera - toilets, showers & change rooms available (building is fully DDA compliant)
- Annette Kellerman Park, Mermaid Beach (no recent photo available - recently upgraded and refurbished (fully DDA compliant)
- Main Beach Pavilion Park - No recent photo available - Heritage listed bathing pavilion - recenlty upgraded and refurbished (fully DDA compliant)
- Banksia Park - recently upgraded and refurbished (fully DDA compliant)
- Tarrabora Reserve Toilets - no recent photo available - toilets, showers & change rooms available (fully DDA compliant)
- Cascade Gardens, Broadbeach - recently upgraded and refurbishment (fully DDA compliant)
- Roughton Park, Kirra Beach - recently upgraded and refurbished (fully DDA compliant)
For more information
Click here to view the GC Access website that provides information about the accessibility of a range of Council facilities such as parks, libraries and aquatic centres, for people with disabilities.
Click here to view the National Public Toilet Map. The National Public Toilet Map shows the location of more than 16,000 public and private public toilet facilities across Australia.