Visit your local park
The Gold Coast has many beautiful parks that are just waiting to be discovered. Pack a picnic, grab your friends and family and go and explore our very own natural playground.
Parks are a place of adventure and discovery, peace and tranquility, recreation and play. In them, we find a sense of enjoyment, strong community spirit and a sense of belonging. So what are you waiting for? Go and discover your own little piece of nature....
About Gold Coast Parks
The Gold Coast Parks team manage and maintain over 2,000 parks and natural areas. We take pride in every park throughout the city, whether big or small. Click here to read a fantastic article by Dwayne Grant of the Gold Coast Bulletin, about the special meaning park naming and dedications have to the community.
As well as looking after our wonderful parks, we also manage recreational facilities, skate and bmx parks and open spaces. Our natural areas management program protects the Gold Coast's conservation areas.
Gold Coast Parks has many unique programs and initiatives, designed to educate, entertain and improve health and social well being.
- Markets - markets in your local park
- Active & Healthy Program - over 150 weekly free or low cost activities for all ages and abilities
- NaturallyGC Program - environmental education workshops on a wide variety of topics from birdwatching, guided bushwalks, preparing for bushfires to reptile awarenes
- Beaches to Bushland Program - join this great bushcare program and make a difference to your local natural environment
- Vibe Youth Program - targeting 12 - 19 years olds, the Vibe Program offers fun and funky activities from photography to stand up paddleboarding and more
- Community gardens - several community gardens are being installed across this city, providing space to grow your own veges and be part of a great community initiative
- Community planting days' - communities can get involved in the environmental restorations by offering the opportunity for large groups and individuals to participate in native tree planting at locations across the Gold Coast.