Council welcomes the community to use Gold Coast parks and reserves for special gatherings such as weddings, parties and events. All coordinated activities or events requiring the use of Council controlled parkland require approval, relevant permits and may have appropriate fees/charges applied. This process is in place to prevent conflicts, make necessary maintenance preparations and avoid overuse of facilities.
Guidelines for park bookings
- A booking does not give the applicant exclusive use of the park, it is public open space, and as such must be able to be used by all of the community.
- Applications received within 10 days of the gathering or event occurring will not be accepted or processed.
- Weddings are booked in two-hour blocks. Approval will not be given for weddings longer than two hours.
- Vehicle access into the park is not permitted.
- Picnic shelters and barbecues can not be booked and are used on a first come, first served basis.
- Power provided in parks is via an electrical outlet on selected barbecue facilities. Power boxes will not be opened for public use.
- Applications will be processed in 10 working days.
- Bookings for Broadwater Parklands must be submitted on the Broadwater Parklands booking form .
How do I apply?
1. Identify the type of activity you require a booking for
2. Complete the relevant park booking form and submit online
For further information or enquiries, please contact Parks Gold Coast on (07) 5581 6984 or (07) 5581 6847.