Council welcomes the community to use Gold Coast parks and reserves for special gatherings such as wedding ceremonies, parties and events. All coordinated activities or events requiring the use of Council controlled parkland require approval, relevant permits and may have appropriate fees/charges applied. This process is in place to prevent conflicts, make necessary maintenance preparations and avoid overuse of facilities.
Making a park booking
- Identify the type of activity you require a booking for and click on the relevant button below
- Ensure you have read all the term and conditions
- Complete the park booking form and submit online
- Applications will take 10 working days to process, any application received within 10 days of the requested date may not be approved in time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does it cost to book a park? There is a $93 application fee for all weddings. There is also a $93 application fee for all social gatherings over 50 guests. There is a $251 fee for all weddings at the Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens. There are fees at Broadwater Parklands which are determined by the event.
- Does this booking give me exclusive use of an area? - A booking does not give the applicant exclusive use of the park, it is public open space and as such must be available to all of the community.
- Can picnic shelters and barbecues be booked? - No they cannot be booked for exclusive use except at Broadwater Parklands.
- How much time do I have for a wedding? - Weddings are booked in two-hour blocks which allows for the set-up, ceremony and photo's.
- How do I book Broadwater Parklands? - Please select the Broadwater Parklands button, complete the details and submit online.
For further information or enquiries, please contact Parks & Recreational Services on (07) 5581 6984 or (07) 5581 6847.