The current Active & Healthy Citywide Program is on a break.
New Program has been released. The program will be our biggest yet and is jam packed with lots of new activities and programs designed to get you up, out and active in the beautiful Gold Coast.
New features include:
- Huge Get Healthy section with over 150 free healthy cooking classes and seminars
- Weekend experiences with new activities such as make and fly a kite workshops, park fit, self defence super sessions, mini Olympics, retro fun and much more
- Fifteen $2 Active & Healthy Aqua classes per week and a new Active & Healthy After Dark Program
- Regular favourities such as tai chi, yoga, group fitness, running and walking groups, pilates, stroller groups, small sports, active after school kids activities, nifty over fifty etc
- Activities specific to kids, seniors, parents with bubs, prenatal and people with a disability
You can use our Active & Healthy activity finder to find the best activity for you..... or grab your copy of the booklet by:
Meet our Active & Healthy Ambassador - Collin Hart
Collin Hart is a local ambassador for the Active & Healthy program. He’s at Southport pool nearly every day of the week and has lost 35kg in 18 months by getting out and getting active!
Starting with the MAD (Mature and Determined) class at Southport Pool, Colin lobbied the local representative, Cr Dawn Crichlow to put on more classes and she agreed.
Now, there’s a $2 class on four days a week at the Southport Pool. Classes include deep water running, aqua fit and the original MAD (mature and determined) class.
Collin said he is thrilled that there are more classes and he encourages more people to get down to the pool and get active.
“Just ask for me, they call me Big Bad Col, but I’m really not that bad, I want to help people get fit and healthy so I’ll make sure you feel welcome" he said.